Find out more about our Curriculum & Assessment as a whole on the following internal link:
History is popular with the children at Westglade. History is practical, fun and cross-curricular. We deepen our understanding through questioning what happened in the past and comparing it to today.
Here are some of the intriguing questions we are exploring throughout the year.
- Were the Vikings Vicious?
Go to the Year 4 classes page in Autumn 1 to find out more.
- Were the Romans really rotten?
Go to the Year 5 class page in Autumn 1 to find out more.
- Does it rain everywhere?
- Does Robin Hood shop at Tesco?
- Is their anything left in the World to discover?
- Why did London burn down?
- Who would win "The World's Got Talent"?
- Where would you rather live?
- How did the Anglo Saxons live?
- Guilty or not guilty?
- Would I make a good Egyptian?
- Greeks vs Vikings. Which gods would prevail?
- What happened to felons in the sheriff's dungeon?
- "Come dine with me" Can you design a Maya tasting menu?
- When did we become people?
- Who made Nottingham great?
Return to this page throughout the year to see how these Learning Challenges are tackled.