The Sky Turtle
The sky turtle can breathe, and fly, very high in the sky. Sky turtles flap their flippers to thrust them through the air. Their thin shells and light bones make it easy for them to
take off and stay in the air. Sky turtles can stay in the air for a long time. They need to eat insects as they fly. Sky turtles eat sun bees, flies and beetles.
It is important that sky turtles take it in turns to let the weakest in the group take naps. At night, they sleep in trees and use the empty nests of dragons to stay safe.
Sky turtles are part of the diet of air sharks. Their shells are no match for the teeth of an adult shark. Air sharks are very fast and can easily catch a tired turtle.
|Sky turtles flap their tails to thrust them through the sky.|
|Sky turtles take short naps in the sky.|
|Sky turtles eat air sharks.|
|Sky turtles sleep in trees at night.|
2. What kind of nests do the sky turtles sleep in at night?
3. What do sky turtles eat?
4. Find a word that means the opposite of low.
5. Find a word that means the opposite of thick.
6. Find a word that means the opposite of full.
7. Find a word that means the opposite strongest.