Watch the short video clip from the Literacy Shed (https://www.literacyshed.com/the-alchemists-letter.html) and complete the activities below. You do not have to print out the work, complete it however you can at home.
Choose from the following options for your sentences throughout the week, feel free to use other ideas if you have them!
- Write a description of the machine
- Write about Nicholas’ changing feelings towards the machine
- Write a letter from Nicholas to his son
- Write a letter to Nicholas from his son
- Write what you would do with the machine
- Continue the story… what does the alchemist’s son decide to do?
Find synonyms for the words in the bronze column.
Use the words from the bank below to create sentences about the video. You can use the ideas at the top of the page to help you.
Up-level the sentences used, can you include similes and metaphors?
Read through the letter, sort the vocabulary into the relevant boxes.
Follow the link below to access Mrs Considine's writing lesson - she goes live at 9:45am. You will follow along with her, and then create your own write based on a video. You can then submit your posts and she picks some to share! You can also share what you write with us on Twitter or our class blogs. She posts the link on Twitter.
Still want more English?
Complete a page in your workbook.