Y3 - Page 1
- Read and record in your diaries: either school book, own book or online e.g. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Practise individual spellings: Y1/2, Y3/4
- Times tables rockstars online or practise learning them using the sheet given.
- CGP Comprehension: one text and set of questions every other day (at least two texts a week).
- CGP Maths: at least one page a day starting at the beginning. Could you challenge yourself by writing your own questions in the same style?
- CGP Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling: at least one page a day starting at the beginning.
Looking forward to seeing you soon and sharing all the learning you have been up to.
The Year 3 team!
Please log on to your purple mash account to join in our class blog! Here you can talk to your friends and to me about what you have been up to or anything you need help with. I am always here to help and will do my best to answer work related questions!
Year 1/2 spellings
Year 3/4 spelling lists in case you have misplaced yours!
As mentioned in the letter that accompanied your revision books, we would like you to get creative (as much as you can with whatever resources you have) and create something linked to our topic of the Anglo-Saxons! Some ideas:
- to design/make a Saxon sword
- to make a Saxon shield
- to make a Saxon helmet
- to make Saxon jewellery
- to create an information booklet on the Anglo-Saxons and their way or life (food, clothes, jobs, housing, children/education).
- to sketch an image of an Anglo-Saxon artefact or Anglo-Saxon scene
Please just do what you can depending on what resources you have- we are NOT expecting ANYONE to buy anything just use what you already have! Feel free to do more than one of the options if you have the resources!
Enjoy and take care. Miss Morris and Miss Lord
Log in to Charanga at home with your account to access super cool music resources to practise and learn at home. It's really easy and super fun! Just got to charanga.com/yumu and enter your username and password which can be found on the document below.
Friday 3rd April 2020
It's F F FRIIIIDAYYYYYYY! That can only mean one thing... BIG WRITE! Wuhoooo Miss Morris' favourite day!
If you haven't already please watch the legend of Beowulf video from Wednesday this week. If you haven't already picture map or act out the story so you understand it. Now today your job is to retell the story in your own words. It is a long story so it may be a good idea to only write up to Beowulf killing the beast Grendel! Here is some key vocabulary you may want to use:
Remember to use interesting sentence openers, adverbs and of course capital letters and full stops!
Please either write on paper and save for when we come back OR post on to write on purple mash and I will be able to read them straight away! Just log in, go to tools, 2write.
Good luck- can't wait to read your amazing stories!
Wednesday 1st April 2020
Monday 30th March 2020 maths problem
Friday 27th March 2020
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are working hard but also enjoying the sunshine in a safe place like your garden when you can! Here is today's maths problem of the day:
Why is she stuck? What happens if she leaves?
How did she come to be stuck there?
Will she ever escape?
Your task- to tell the story of the princess written in the first person (using I/my) and describe her feelings and emotions as you go. If you want to be super creative you could even change the ending to make it your own!
Tuesday 24th March- have a go at today’s maths problem!
White Rose answers
- 25, 47, 24 added together = 96
- Triangle = 9, square = 21, star = 31