Nottingham Schools Trust
In 2017 a group of Nottingham schools joined forces to establish the Nottingham Schools Trust – a collaborative partnership focusing on improving education for the children of Nottingham.
Parents of Westglade (POW)
We are really fortunate to have the support of a great group of parents who work with school to make Westglade even better.
They organise events, raise money for the school and improve the environment.
The group meet regularly in the community room first thing every Friday morning, after the children begin school. Our fantastic parent support worker, Mrs Radmall, is also available at this time. If you would like to get involved and have a coffee with other parents we would be delighted to see you.
Aspire Learning Partnership
Aspire is a group of local schools that work together to further the education of children in our local community. Together we provide:
- CPD opportunities across the schools.
- School linking projects with local school in similar circumstances
- Attendance package
- Procurement, sharing of resources
- Middle leadership development
- SEN moderation for allocation of Mainstream Support Group (MSG) funding
- Sporting excellence events
Transform Teaching School Alliance
40 schools (and growing) - working on development of new teaching school focusing on urban education and training;
- Developing Initial Teacher Training (ITT) modules with Nottingham University, with urban focus
- Hosting Schools Direct student placements
- School to School (S2S) support
- Talent Management
- Outstanding teaching courses
- Science research project with Nottingham University
- NQT programme
Nottingham Music Entertainment Hub
- Whole Class Ensemble (WCE) teaching programme with Year 5 staff and children (violin, viola and cello)
- Individual and small group lessons for Year 5 and 6 pupils
- Attendance at Area Band and concerts throughout the year
Nottingham City Council
- Numeracy and Literacy Consultants for CPD in and out of school
- Behaviour Support Team
- Inclusive Education Services
Nottingham Trent University
- Part of the 'Partnership Scheme', with opportunities for Y5/6 pupils (and their parents) to engage in a range of activities around aspirations and university life
- Right to Read - trained volunteers in classes providing 1:1 reading support
- We provide placements for Nottingham Trent teaching students.
Film-based educational experiences for classes and targeted groups of pupils to enrich learning and enhance Literacy provision.
The Ogden Trust
We are working in a partnership with other schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire to promote Science in school. This involves training for staff and activity days for children.